1. I give L.A. about 3 weeks before he’s walking. He’s trying so hard, I really think it’s on the horizon.
2. Yesterday we had a Dr’s appointment to check up on P2 and there was a medical student shadowing the Dr. She wanted to try to find the baby’s heartbeat on the Doppler, and gave it a shot. Seconds turned into minutes, and my own heart leaped to my throat. At about the 4 minute mark she gave up and handed it back over to the Dr. who found the heartbeat immediately. I have never in my life heard a sweeter sound.
3. Christmas music has already started playing in our house, and I’d forgotten how purely happy it makes me. Yesterday I was dancing all around the house with L.A. singing him Christmas carols while he shrieked with laughter. (There’s a good chance he was laughing at my inability to carry a tune, though!)
4. I’ve been so busy photographing other families for their holiday cards, I haven’t even thought about doing ours yet. I need to get cracking.
5. I shocked myself by only shedding one little tear as we rolled past the 1 year mark.
6. I’m looking forward to Thanksgiving like a little kid anticipates Christmas. Stuffing, mashed potatoes, pies galore… heaven!
7. Bonus points for me, because this is the second year in a row that I’ve been in maternity pants on Turkey Day.
8. L.A. was hysterical when eating his birthday cake. He decided he wasn’t crazy about how the frosting felt on his hands, so he just leaned down and dug in like a pups at his bowl. Pictures to follow… I promise.
9. I’ve felt all along that P2 is a girl, but at yesterday’s Dr’s appointment, the heart rate was in the 140′s which is boy territory. This has me second guessing my “intuition”.
10. If P2 is a boy, C and I are in for MONTHS of name debating. We are on two opposite ends of the spectrum with boy names, and therefore haven’t even broached the subject thus far. Yikes.